El Centro de Muchos Colores
Deadline: February 1 of each academic year
Freshman, sophomore, junior or seniors from any state may apply
El Centro de Muchos Colores is Fort Lewis College's thriving Hispano Resource Center actively working for improved retention and recruitment of Hispanic/Multicultural students at Fort Lewis College. $250 to $500 per year, renewable up to 4 years
- Must have minimum cumulative 2.50 GPA and financial need
- Foundation Scholarship Application; academic transcript(s); listing of academic & extra curricular accomplishments or personal resume required
- In at least one paragraph of your essay: Please state how your past experiences align with El Centro's purpose statement: "El Centro provides a place for anyone interested in Hispanic culture and assists with the retention and recruitment of Hispano/Multicultural students."
Application online at Financial Aid Website, or click here, or come by El Centro de Muchos Colores, room 40 Student Union Building. For more information, call Shirena Trujillo Long, El Centro Coordinator, 970-247-7290, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Durango Education Foundation offers several scholarships for seniors graduating from high school programs in Durango School District 9-R. These scholarships are funded by individual donors or donor families and administered by DEF. The Following scholarships are being offered for 2015:
- A-Team D.E.F. Scholarship
- Brinton Family Girl's Swimming Scholarship
- DLM Family Scholarship
- Tom and Ann Hartney Scholarship
- Robert and Christine Finegan Heinich Scholarship
- Newbold Scholarship
- Joseph Philpott Fine Arts Scholarship
- Sachs Construction LLC Scholarship
- Louis S. Tamez Memorial Scholarships
- Zink Family Scholarship
All scholarships have specific criteria and requirements. For more information about specific requirements and criteria click here.
Applications for all scholarships must be received by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at the Durango Education Foundation, 201 E. 12th St, Durango, CO 81301. Please note: They do not accept applications electronically. For more information, contact the Foundation at (970) 385-1491 or 9RFoundation@gmail.com.