1) Come to El Centro to fill out a tutor request form and we will assign you a free Spanish tutor. (Note: tutors are available one-on-one first-come, first-served, and may not be available until the 2nd week of classes).
2) Drop-in Hours are held at El Centro and will be announced after Sept. 13, 2017 on this website.
3) Faculty hold office hours at El Centro, please see the Modern Language hours in the flyer below for details on when you can meet a Spanish professors in El Centro.
4) Horas de Español are planned held from 1:30-2:30 p.m. Tuesdays: Sept. 19; Oct. 10 and Oct. 31. More hours will be announced as we have them. Check back to this site.
5) Modern Langauge lab is located in Noble Hall 150.
Overview of services: El Centro de Muchos Colores offers Academic Support services such as Spanish language tutoring, drop-in faculty hours with advising across disciplines, and informal academic coaching by El Centro Coordinator. Spanish tutoring is offered both as drop-in and relationship-based by predominantly native Spanish speakers who are also using El Centro’s tutoring program to assist them with their own language retention.
Eligibility: El Centro’s Spanish tutoring program is available to all students enrolled at Fort Lewis College. To be eligible, students must have and use their FLC e-mail account. For a relationship tutoring assignment, students must maintain their commitment to meet their tutor at the assigned times. If a tutee does not call or show up for two meetings, they are no longer eligible to use relationship tutoring services at El Centro, however they can continue using our drop-in tutoring services as needed.
Availability: El Centro’s Spanish drop-in tutoring is available at least one hour daily from Monday through Friday. Hours vary based on student tutor availability and schedules are available by the second week of each term at our website: www.fortlewis.edu/elcentro, or by stopping by El Centro’s office located on the ground floor of the student union, room #40. For relationship tutoring, students must complete and return our tutor request form, also available in the office or online. Students must not use a relationship tutor for more than two sessions per week. There is no deadline for signing up for tutoring services, however, Spanish tutors are available on a first-come, first-served basis with priority given to those who request earlier in the semester.
To request services: Students can request Spanish tutoring services in person at El Centro de Muchos Colores anytime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. They need fill out the tutor request form, and submit that to our front desk staff person during regular business hours. Students who request a relationship tutor will receive an e-mail from our El Centro staff person with two working days of their request submission. Forms and details are also available on our website under the academic services tab: www.fortlewis.edu/elcentro
-For more information: For more information, call (970) 247-7654, visit our website at www.fortlewis.edu/elcentro or stop by El Centro, room #40 in the Student Union Building between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.