Plan for Implementation of Vision and Mission Statements
From the Fort Lewis College mission statement and the engineering mission and vision statements, we have developed Program Educational Objectives that our alumni (graduates) should possess and Student Educational Outcomes for our students while engaged in their engineering education.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE)
Program Educational Objectives (Alumni working in industry):
- Alumni successfully utilize engineering principles for design and analysis as needed by their field.
- Alumni consistently exhibit effective communication, teamwork, and ethical behavior as standard practice in the workplace and continue to learn through workplace experiences as well as through formal educational opportunities.
- Alumni successfully pursue a broad range of career paths.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- A knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Annual student enrollment and graduation data
| Academic Year
||Total Program Enrollment
||Number of Graduates
|2010 - 2011
|2011 - 2012
|2012 - 2013
|2013 - 2014
|2014 - 2015
|2015 - 2016
|2016 - 2017