Statement of Purpose
The purpose of the Environmental Center is to create tomorrow's environmental leaders by engaging our students in the design and execution of impactful environmental and social justice initiatives on campus and in our community.
As a result of engaging with the Environmental Center, our student staff and volunteers will:
- Gain a greater awareness of environmental and social challenges and, in turn, how to research, identify, and implement potential solutions.
- Develop a clearer understanding of their personal values and personal ethical actions related to the environment and social justice
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and take part in opportunities for collective action and civic engagement
- Demonstrate leadership growth by progressing through the Environmental Center Leadership Spectrum
- Demonstrate proficiency in professional written and oral correspondence, time management, organization, collaboration, and accountability to work obligations
- Identify an awareness of diversity and articulate how to contribute to an inclusive social climate