Exercise Science Department 2016 AKA scholar Tom Poole Featured at Student Teacher Professional Exhibition April 28, 2016
Thomas Poole, who was voted by Exercise Science faculty as the recipeint of the 2016 American Kinesiolgy Associatiation's FLC Student Scholar, was featured at Student Teacher Professional Exhibition. You can read the full story in the Durango Herald. http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20160427/NEWS01/160429626/-1/News01/Fort-Lewis-College-student-teachers-share-lessons-learned
Current and former students involved in ground-breaking research:
Former student Rotem Ishay and current students Josh McDowell, Maddie Kruger, Alex Kilman, and Gus Allen are up to some cool stuff. They are conducting research relating pulmonary pressures at altitude and performance. Watch this video and read more about their research here.
- Robert Silva (ES-Phys '13) has been accepted into the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
- Vinny D’Alanno (ES-SA '13) has accepted a position at Clear Channel Media and Entertainment as Key Account
Coordinator (KAC). His responsibilities as a KAC are to assist 4 senior level Account Executives. He
helps them maximize their revenue opportunities with tasks like order entry and management, collection of payment,
setting appointments with clients and facilitating internal communications. He also creates sales proposals,
performs research, and supports key sales and promotional events.
- Kristi Newbold (ES-Spec '10) is currently in the 3rd year, and final year, of physical therapy school at University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora. On the 23rd she starts a 4 month clinical rotation at Kaiser Permanente in Aurora in outpatient orthopedics. In January she begins her final 4 month rotation at Swedish Medical Center in inpatient rehab. She will graduate with her DPT on May 23, 2014!!!
- Adam Ruetschle (ES-SA '10) is the new Athletics Operations Coordinator for Fort Lewis College Skyhawks Athletics. His main responsibilities will include game day management and events, and facility and scheduling management.
- Joe Morris (ES-Spec '06) returns to his alma mater, Fort Lewis College, to coach the Skyhawks football defensive line. Morris is also responsible for the Skyhawks‟ football strength and conditioning program and will play a key role in the special teams units.