Art Gallery Director & Lecturer
- Printmaking: including Intaglio, Lithography, Silkscreen, Experimental, and Relief Techniques
- Papermaking & Mixed Media
- Contemporary Art
- MFA, Printmaking, Colorado State University
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificate from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
- B.S., Major Psychology, Minors in Art and Biology, Virginia Tech
About Andrea Martens
Andrea Martens a visual artist living and working in Durango, Colorado. In addition to creating in the studio, Martens teaches in the Department of Art & Design at Fort Lewis College and in the University of Maine at Augusta’s Distance Education Program. She received an MFA in Printmaking from Colorado State University, and a Post-Baccalaureate Certificate from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston. Martens holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology from Virginia Tech with minors in art and biology. Her work has been exhibited nationally and internationally. Martens is also a certified yoga instructor and enjoys hiking, cross-country skiing, and practicing yoga and meditation.
Andrea Martens is having a solo exhibition of her new work at the Gallery at Telluride Arts Headquarters, located in Telluride, Colorado, beginning December 6, 2017 through January 2018.