Students appealing a scholarship cancelation or award adjustment should submit an appeals packet consisting of:
- A completed and signed Scholarship Appeal Form.
- A personal statement explaining the student’s situation.
- Documentation specified on the Scholarship Appeal Form. Click here if your documentation requires a Degree Plan.
Appeal packets may be submitted in four ways, but must be received by the published deadline:
- Hand delivered to the Office of Financial Aid, Room 101, Miller Student Services
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Scholarship Appeal for [Student’s Name]."
- Faxed to 970-247-7108
- Mailed to Office of Financial Aid, Fort Lewis College, 1000 Rim Drive, Durango, CO 81301
Diana Longwell, Scholarship Coordinator
Office of Financial Aid
Deadlines to submit an appeal for the Fall 2019 semester:
- 1 p.m., Monday, May 13, 2019
- 1 p.m., Monday, June 3, 2019
- 1 p.m., Monday, June 17, 2019
- 1 p.m., Monday, July 8, 2019
Appeal packets will be reviewed by the Scholarship Appeals Committee shortly after each deadline. The committee will render one of the following decisions:
- Denied, without option to re-appeal.
- Denied, with option to re-appeal after meeting cumulative grade point average and credit completion requirements.
- Approved for immediate reinstatement of full scholarship amount, with or without conditions.
- Approved for immediate reinstatement of partial scholarship amount, with or without conditions.
Notification of outcomes of appeals process
Students will be notified of the committee’s decision as soon as possible via their Fort Lewis College email account.
Reinstated scholarship amounts will be posted on the student’s WebOPUS account.