Events & community relations
Community relations and events are important for communicating the Fort Lewis College message and for collaborating for mutual benefit with area businesses and organizations. FLC capitalizes on sponsorships and events that address our community goals and objectives so that we increase awareness and goodwill, which helps the community grow its relationship with the College.
If your department or program is doing outreach into the community, we’d like to help you with a professional and positive presence. We are available to help the campus community with the following:
- Use of the Durango Welcome Center as a resource for events, meetings, employment
- Liaison between FLC and community
- Chamber of Commerce (business community)
- Business Improvement District (downtown)
- Durango Area Tourism Office (tourism)
- Schools and organizations
- Iron Horse Bicycle Classic involvement
- Purgatory involvement
- Special event or sponsorship coordination
- SWAG or ideas for your events as time and resources allow
How can we help you?
Contact for Events & community relations
Elizabeth Bussian, Business Manager