Thanks for checking out our "#SummerSkyhawks" Instagram contest! We can't wait to see how Fort Lewis College students are adventuring this summer. The basic rules are here; complete rules are below.
- Contest is open from 6/17/14 - 8/15/14.
- Contest open to current students (registered for Fall 2014), who are members of Instagram and following Fort Lewis College (@fortlewiscollege) on Instagram.
- To enter the contest, entrants must post an original photograph to Instagram with the hashtag #SummerSkyhawks.
- Entrants may submit up to 5 photos. Any more than 5 photos will result in disqualification!
- Prizes include packs by Osprey and roundtrip tickets on the Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad!
#SUMMERSKYHAWKS INSTAGRAM CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
How to Enter: Beginning June 17, 2014 at 12:01 AM (ET) through August 15th, 2014, at 11:59 PM (ET), upload a photo to your Instagram page showing us what you are doing with your summer, tagged with #summerskyhawks (provided you have the rights to these photographs), for a chance to win a prize from the Osprey Packs and/or the Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. You must be a Fort Lewis College student (defined as enrolled for the Fall 2014 semester). You must be a member of Instagram to enter, and you must be following Fort Lewis College’s Instagram page, http://instagram.com/fortlewiscollege. If you do not have an Instagram account, you can sign up for one here for free: http://instagram.com/.
Winner Selection: All photo submissions will be judged by an FLC panel based on the following criteria: originality (33.34%); creativity (33.33%); and a general sense of the aesthetic (33.33%). In the event of a tie, the person among the tied entrants with the highest score in originality will be the winner. By participating in the Contest, entrant certifies that his/her entry is original, has not been previously published or won any award, and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights, trademarks or rights or privacy or publicity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest. The decision of the Sponsor and judges is final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. In the event the Sponsor receives insufficient entries, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the contest.
Prize: Three (3) winners will receive a gift certificate for one standard class roundtrip ticket on the Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad (ARV: $85) (Total ARV: $255). Two (2) winners will receive a Osprey Pack (ARV: $70) (Total ARV: $140). Potential winners will be notified by Instagram comment on or about August 16, 2014 and must respond via email address providing contact information within 48 hours from notification or an alternate potential winner will be selected. Prize will be awarded only if the potential winner fully complies with these Official Rules.
1. ENTRIES: Limit (5) five photo entries per person for “#SummerSkyhawks” Instagram Contest (referred to as the “Promotion”). Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
2. OWNERSHIP. By submitting your entry in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor will own all entries submitted by you in the Contest. Each entrant into the Contest hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor, its successors and assigns, all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever in and to the entry(ies) for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised. Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter, the entry(ies) for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant irrevocably waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have in the entry(ies) submitted by him or her. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that such entrant does not reserve any rights in and to his/her entry(ies). Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any entry, or to otherwise exploit any entry or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the entry(ies) for any reason or no reason at all, and no entrant shall be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and Canada who are 18 years or older in their state or province of residence at time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico and Quebec Province and where prohibited by law. Entrants must be current students of Fort Lewis College, defined as enrolled for the Fall 2014 semester as of August 15th, 2014.
4. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entrants must have a valid e-mail address and it is entrant’s responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in e-mail address. Expenses not specifically included in prize description and all taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Each prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied outside of manufacturer's limited warranty. No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Winners (and parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Winner hereby further agrees that it will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright of the entry to Sponsor within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness, biographical material and/or entry (including an altered form of the entry) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representative agents, successors, assigns, officers, directors, and employees harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, typographical, mechanical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with, Instagram or Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Instagram or Facebook.
5. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Contest is Fort Lewis College, 1000 Rim Drive, Durango, CO 81301.