You may apply for a Foundation Scholarship even if you have not yet been officially accepted to Fort Lewis College. The Foundation scholarship application can be obtained from the Foundation Office, 2201 Berndt Hall, 1000 Rim Drive, Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO 81301, or you can download the application here Application Complete the application and required documents* both for an initial award and for a renewal of all awards. Submit all forms to the Foundation Office in person, by email, fax or by mail no later than February 1st . Your mailed application packet must be postmarked no later than midnight on the first of February.
If you are submitting your application in person and the deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, you will have until the following Monday to turn in your application packet. Incomplete applications and failure to include all required documents will result in your application not being considered.
Applications are reviewed by a Foundation Scholarship Committee. Applicants will be notified of our decision no later than May 1st. For a list of scholarships, see next two drop down tabs below How to Apply under the Foundation Scholarship tab.
YOU must reapply each year to qualify for renewal of a Foundation Scholarship.
1. To apply, you must have a plan to be a full time, degree-seeking student and enroll in
and complete a minimum of 15 credits per semester or a total of 30 credits per year.
2. Download application above or obtain a paper form from the Foundation Office. Please
submit only one application.
3. Include only one copy of your unofficial college transcript. Current students may print
transcripts from WebOpus showing their most current overall GPA.
4. New freshman must submit one copy of high school transcripts. Unofficial is ok.
5. Include only one essay with your application. You must sign and date your essay
6. Your essay should address the general requirements listed below, as well as any
additional requirements of the specific scholarships for which you are applying, and
should be a minimum of at least one full typed page or a maximum of 3 typed pages:
- Your reason for applying for a scholarship
- Your short & long term goals, including career goals
- How a scholarship will help you reach your goals and educational objectives
- Why you chose your field of study
- Examples of leadership and/or personal integrity
- List of extracurricular and/or volunteer activities, interests and community service
- List your honors, awards and/or accomplishments
7. Do not send copies of your FAFSA packet to the Foundation to show you have filed.
State in your essay that you have filed a FAFSA through Financial Aid.
Fort Lewis College Foundation
2201 Berndt Hall
1000 Rim Drive
Fort Lewis College
Durango, CO 81301