Terms and Conditions for Initial Award in 2014-15
Minimum Eligibility for Award
A student is admitted as a first-time freshman in a Fall or Spring semester, has a CCHE Admission Index of 95 or higher, and is college level in composition and mathematics.
A student is admitted as a transfer student in a Fall or Spring Semester with a cumulative college grade point average of 3.00 or higher, has not previously earned a baccalaureate degree from Fort Lewis College or a previous institution, and is college-level in composition and mathematics.
Restriction of Award
This award is restricted to educational expenses.
Annual Award Amount
The annual award is $1,000-$4,000, depending on tuition classification and CCHE Admission Index or cumulative college grade point average.
Renewable up to 120 earned credits or eight consecutive Fall and Spring semesters, whichever comes first.
Disbursement of Annual Award
The annual award is disbursed in two equal payments in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Disbursement of the scholarship each semester requires:
- Enrollment in a minimum of 12 credit hours;
- Incurrence of Fort Lewis College tuition charges.
How Award is Applied
The award is applied automatically to the Fort Lewis College tuition bill by the Office of Student Billing and Cashiering.
Time of Evaluation for Renewal
The student will be evaluated for renewal at the end of the Spring semester.
To be renewed for the next academic year, assuming student has not exceeded the length of the award, the student must upon evaluation after Spring grades:
- Have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 in courses numbered 100-499;
- Have completed 30 credits in courses numbered 100-499 at Fort Lewis College after evaluation of Spring grades (15 credits if award began in Spring semester). Completed credits are defined as those with an earned grade of A, B, C, D, P, or S. Credits earned through credit-by-exam do not count toward the earned credit minimum.
The scholarship will be cancelled if the student:
- Does not accept the award by the deadline set by the Office of Admission and Advising in the Ottens Foundation Scholarship notification letter or Fall semester Census Date, whichever comes first;
- Does not meet disbursement criteria;
- Does not attend continuously during the length of the award;
- Does not meet renewal criteria;
- Exceeds length of award.
Appeal of Cancellation
A student may appeal for reinstatement of a cancelled scholarship.
Click here for grounds for appeal, appeal procedures, and deadlines.
Please direct all questions about this scholarship to the Office of Financial Aid at 970-247-7142 or firstname.lastname@example.org.