Students appealing a scholarship cancelation or award adjustment should submit an appeals packet consisting of:
Appeal packets may be submitted in four ways, but must be received by the published deadline:
- Hand delivered to the Office of Financial Aid, Room 101, Miller Student Services;
- Emailed to email@example.com with subject line “Scholarship Appeal for [Student’s Name]."
- Faxed to 970-247-7108
- Mailed to Office of Financial Aid, Fort Lewis College, 1000 Rim Drive, Durango, CO 81301
Questions? Contact Diana Longwell, Scholarship Coordinator, Office of Financial Aid, at 970-247-7106, firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are the deadlines to submit an appeal to be reviewed by the Scholarship Appeals Committee:
- Noon, Monday, March 13, 2017
- Noon, Monday, April 17, 2017
- Noon, Monday, May 22, 2017
- Noon, Monday, June 5, 2017
- Noon, Monday, July 10, 2017
- Noon, Monday, August 7, 2017
- Noon, Monday, August 21, 2017
Appeal packets will be reviewed by the Scholarship Appeals Committee shortly after each deadline. The committee will render one of the following decisions:
- Denied, without option to re-appeal;
- Denied, with option to re-appeal after meeting cumulative grade point average and credit completion requirements;
- Approved for immediate reinstatement of full scholarship amount, with or without conditions;
- Approved for immediate reinstatement of partial scholarship amount, with or without conditions.
Decisions of the Scholarship Appeals Committee may be appealed to the President.
Notification of Outcomes of Appeals Process
Students will be notified of the committee’s decision as soon as possible via their Fort Lewis College email account.
Reinstated scholarship amounts will be posted on the student’s WebOPUS account. Students must accept the terms and conditions and then the scholarship by the deadline stated in the notification.