Students appealing a scholarship cancelation or award adjustment should submit an appeals packet consisting of:
Appeal packets may be submitted in four ways, but must be received by the published deadline:
- Hand delivered to the Office of Admission in Kroeger Hall;
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Scholarship Appeal for [Student’s Name]."
- Faxed to 970-247-7179
- Mailed to Office of Admission, Fort Lewis College, 1000 Rim Drive, Durango, CO 81301
Questions? Contact Carol Smith, Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management and Chair, Scholarship Appeals Committee, at 970-247-7265, email@example.com.
These are the deadlines to submit an appeal to be reviewed by the Scholarship Appeals Committee for reinstatement in Fall 2016:
- Noon, Monday, March 14, 2016
- Noon, Monday April 11, 2016
- Noon, Monday, May 16, 2016
- Noon, Monday, June 13, 2016
- Noon, Monday, July 11, 2016
- Noon, Monday, August 1, 2016
- Noon, Monday, August 22, 2016
Appeal packets will be reviewed by the Scholarship Appeals Committee shortly after each deadline. The committee will render one of the following decisions:
- Denied, without option to re-appeal;
- Denied, with option to re-appeal after meeting cumulative grade point average and credit completion requirements;
- Approved for immediate reinstatement of full scholarship amount, with or without conditions;
- Approved for immediate reinstatement of partial scholarship amount, with or without conditions.
Decisions of the Scholarship Appeals Committee may be appealed to the President.
Notification of Outcomes of Appeals Process
Students will be notified of the committee’s decision as soon as possible via their Fort Lewis College email account.
Reinstated scholarship amounts will be posted on the student’s WebOPUS account. Students must accept the scholarship and then its terms and conditions by the deadline stated in the notification.