Multiple vaccine clinics in Archuleta and La Plata counties this week
Skyhawks, see the email below with helpful information about upcoming vaccine clinics in the Durango area!
SJBPH Announces Multiple Vaccine Clinics in Archuleta and La Plata Counties This Week
With cases rising locally, SJBPH urges residents to protect themselves, their families, and support schools and businesses by receiving the COVID vaccine
Durango, Colo.: San Juan Basin Public Health (SJBPH) is pleased to announce multiple COVID-19 vaccine clinics this Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday in La Plata County and this Thursday in Archuleta County. SJBPH has scheduled a convenient line-up of clinics for residents to access the Pfizer vaccine and urges all residents to receive vaccination as soon as possible.
Walk-ins are welcome at this week’s clinics for those who need extra flexibility. All residents age 16 and up are eligible for vaccine. 16 and 17-year-olds are only eligible for Pfizer vaccine, and a parent or guardian must accompany them to their appointment. SJBPH recommends getting a first dose as soon as possible, as it can take five weeks or more after the 1st dose to reach full protection with the Pfizer vaccine.
“If you’ve been putting off getting vaccinated, now is the time. It’s never been easier or more convenient to get the COVID vaccine,” said SJBPH Executive Director, Liane Jollon. “The summer tourism season is approaching and we still have COVID spreading in the community, primarily in the unvaccinated population. We’ve made good progress so far on vaccine, but for a safe return to normalcy we need a lot more of the community to get vaccinated ASAP. The lifesaving vaccines are highly effective, safe and the best way to protect yourself and your family,” Jollon added.
Upcoming community vaccination clinics Tuesday (4/27), Wednesday (4/28), Thursday (4/29), Friday (4/30) and Saturday (5/1):
- La Plata County Vaccine Clinic, La Plata County Fairgrounds, Durango, 2500 Main Ave. Tuesday, April 27th from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Appointments available.
- La Plata County Vaccine Clinic, La Plata County Fairgrounds, Durango, 2500 Main Ave. Wednesday, April 28th from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Appointments available.
- Archuleta County Vaccine Clinic, Ross Aragon Community Center, Pagosa Springs, 451 Hot Springs Blvd. Thursday, April 29th from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Appointments available.
- La Plata County Vaccine Clinic, La Plata County Fairgrounds, Durango, 2500 Main Ave. Friday, April 30th from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Appointments available.
- La Plata County Vaccine Clinic, La Plata County Fairgrounds, Durango, 2500 Main Ave. Saturday, May 1st from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Appointments available.
Additional information about the COVID vaccine can be found on SJBPH’s website: https://sjbpublichealth.org/covid-19-vaccine/.