May 13, 2020
As Colorado and La Plata County move toward reopening businesses, much of the local public health guidance to prevent COVID-19 exposure remains unchanged. If leaving home for essential trips, individuals are expected to maintain six feet distance from each other and wear face coverings. Fort Lewis College supports these prevention measures and expects all campus visitors, students, residents, and employees to follow these public health instructions until further notice.
Please review the following public health guidance:
- Practice social distancing: Maintain at least six feet distance between yourself and others.
- You are encouraged to stay home unless you are recreating within 10 miles of your home, seeking critical medical care, or have essential travel to the grocery store, doctor, or pharmacy.
- Covering your face with a bandana or homemade cotton face covering is expected of all persons while on campus. Face coverings are not required while in personal vehicles or for residents while inside individual housing units.
- Wash hands frequently and follow proper sneeze/cough etiquette.
- Do not gather in groups of more than 10 people.
- Stay home when you are sick.
Under Governor Polis’ safer-at-home public health order, institutions of higher education are to continue providing academics and services online. Campus activity is still very limited, with only approved essential employees reporting to work in person, some students remain in campus housing, and playing fields and trails are open.
Thank you for continuing to do your part to keep our community healthy. If you haven’t already, check out the Colorado Mask Project for DIY resources and volunteer opportunities.
Stay safe, Skyhawks!