General Education - Transfer of General Education Requirements

Transfer of General Education Requirements

Transfer of General Education from a Colorado Public Institution

Colorado’s gtPathways program is designed to allow students who successfully complete guaranteed lower- division general education courses at one Colorado public institution to apply that credit toward the lower- division general education requirements at another Colorado public institution in all majors unless a specific statewide articulation agreement exists. Students must earn a C- grade or better in each course in order for the course to transfer. Details of the guaranteed general education curriculum may be found on the Department of Higher Education website.

Transfer Policies for Non-Colorado Public Institutions

Any student transferring from a regionally accredited collegiate institution with an Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degree will fulfill general education requirements.

Provided the student has earned a grade of C- or higher, Fort Lewis College will evaluate the courses on a student’s transcript following its standard policy. Click here for the policy regarding how lower-division and upper-division general education requirements will be evaluated.