The Geology Transfer Scholars Program lets students transferring to Fort Lewis College to major in Geology take GEOL 202, the pre-requisite course for junior-level Geology courses, during the summer. The field course will run from approximately 8 am to 5 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, from July 31 – August 18.
If you want to take GEOL 202 during the summer but do not qualify for or wish to participate in the Geology Transfer Scholars Program you can simply register for the course.
Apply to the Geology Transfer Scholars Program
Geology Transfer Scholars Program participants can:
- Receive the $1,630 Geology Transfer Scholarship to help cover costs of tuition, fees, housing, food, and transportation
- Earn up to $360 in student hourly pay for field trips and other activities
- Get free tutoring for Fall 2017 Geology courses
- Travel to 2017 Geological Society of America meeting in Seattle, Washington
- Have senior thesis research supplies and travel covered up to $800
To qualify for the program, students must:
- Apply to the Geology Transfer Scholars Program
- Register for GEOL 202 during Summer 2017 (July 31 - August 18, 2017)
- Attend classes for GEOL 202
- Attend field trips and other activities on off days. These include field trips led by our faculty that introduce you to places that students usually see in their first two years at FLC, and introductions to useful campus services and places in Durango.
If you qualify for the Geology Transfer Scholars Program, your $1,630 scholarship will cover all or part of these expenses.
- Tuition for 2 credits
- In-state: $680
- Out of state: $1,340
- Native American Tuition Waiver recipients: No charge
- Fees $151.30
- On-campus housing (optional) for July 30 - August 19: estimated cost $630 + $150 refundable deposit
- Textbook: estimated cost $61.00 used; $81.25 new
- Materials, including mechanical pencil, eraser, pencil sharpener, field notebook, clipboard, hand lens, and rock hammer
For more detailed information about tuition, housing, hourly pay and more, please contact Kim Hannula, firstname.lastname@example.org, 970-247-7463.