Health Sciences Department - Exercise & Health Promotion Major w/Teacher Licensure

Studying Physical Education

Do you want to be a Physical Education teacher in our public schools? The Exercise Specialist Major with Teacher Licensure is for you. After declaring your Exercise Specialist Major, you will apply, be accepted and adhere to the Baccalaureate Teacher Licensure Requirements. As a Baccalaureate students, you can add the required education courses for teacher licensure to your major course of study in place of free elective courses. You must be admitted to the Teacher Licensure program to enroll in 400-level ED prefix courses and subsequently be admitted to Student Teaching.  Please contact the Teacher Education Department for more information on Teacher Licensure.