Colorado State Law requires you to submit an immunization record with evidence of two MMR vaccinations (measles, mumps and rubella) to the Student Health Center. Students interested in getting the MMR vaccine through the Student Health Center should contact them at (970) 247-7355 to make an appointment. The cost for the MMR vaccination is $83.
A current copy of your immunization record must be submitted by:
- September 13, 2016 for the fall semester
- January 24, 2017 for the spring semester.
If you do not comply with this requirement, a $25 fee and a hold on making any registration changes will be placed on your student account.
Obtaining and submitting records
- You should be able to obtain a copy of your immunization records from your high school or previous college, your doctor, or your own immunization documents. To obtain a copy from your doctor's office you may complete the Release of Immunization Records & Certificate of Immunization form.
- Send your records to us by scan/email to email@example.com. Other options include mailing to (Student Health Center, 1000 Rim Drive Durango, CO 81301) and faxing to (970-247-7621), by the above deadlines.
- Due to the high volume of incoming immunization records we are unable to respond with a confirmation stating your record has been received. If we have NOT received your record or if it is non-compliant you will be notified by email before the deadline.
Request an exemption
You have the legal right to sign an exemption from this vaccination for personal, medical, or religious reasons. If you do so, you will be subject to quarantine and excluded from campus for up to 3 months in the case of an outbreak of measles, mumps, or rubella. To submit an exemption please fill out the top portion and sign the bottom portion of the Certificate of Immunization Form.
Former students requesting a copy of immunization records
If you are requesting a copy of your immunization records please attempt to locate your original record before contacting us. If you are unable to obtain your original record you may request a copy from us by submitting this release of information form:
This form may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to (970) 247-7621. Please allow 3-7 days to process your request. We will scan and email the record back to you and you will be responsible to forward this to the appropriate facility.
The Student Health Center strongly recommends that students receive the meningitis vaccination. Students interested in getting the meningitis vaccine through the Student Health Center should contact us at (970) 247-7355 to make an appointment. The cost for the meningitis vaccination is $113.
Colorado State Law also requires that post secondary institutions provide information to all incoming freshmen living on campus about meningococcal disease (meningitis). Students must either provide proof of a meningococcal disease vaccination, or sign the form stating that they are aware of the risks and have chosen not to get the vaccination.
Fort Lewis College Health Center does not bill medical insurance for payment of services. We will supply you with an itemized receipt which can be submitted to your medical insurance for reimbursement or your insurance company may apply it to your deductible. This includes immunizations received in our clinic.
Meningitis Information from the Center of Disease Control
Certificate of Immunization for College/University Students
About the Health Center
The Student Health Center offers affordable and accessible health services to all students.
We are open Monday thru Friday from 8:30am - 4:30pm
For additional information on immunizations or our student health care plan please call the office at (970) 247-7355.