State of Colorado Law requires all students to submit an immunization record with proof of two MMR vaccinations (Measles, Mumps and Rubella) to the Student Health Center. Students interested in getting the MMR vaccine through the Student Health Center should call (970) 247-7355 to schedule an appointment. The cost of the MMR vaccination is $83.00.
A current copy of your immunization record must be submitted by:
- September 13, 2016 for the fall semester
- January 24, 2017 for the spring semester.
If you do not comply with this requirement, a $25.00 fee and a hold on making any registration changes will be placed on your student account.
Obtaining and submitting records
- You should be able to obtain a copy of your immunization records from your high school or previous college, your doctor, or your own immunization documents. To obtain a copy from your doctor's office you may complete the Release of Immunization Records & Certificate of Immunization form.
- Send your records to us by scan/email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Other options include mailing to (Student Health Center, 1000 Rim Drive Durango, CO 81301) and faxing to (970-247-7621), by the above deadlines.
- Due to the high volume of incoming immunization records, we are unable to respond with a confirmation stating your record has been received. If we have NOT received your record or if it is non-compliant you will be notified by email before the deadline.
Request an exemption
You have the legal right to sign an exemption from this vaccination for personal, medical or religious reasons. If you do so, you will be subject to quarantine and excluded from campus for up to 3 months in the case of an outbreak of measles, mumps or rubella. To submit an exemption, please fill out the top portion and sign the bottom portion of the Certificate of Immunization Form.
Former students requesting a copy of immunization records
If you are requesting a copy of your immunization records, please attempt to locate your original record before contacting us. If you are unable to obtain your original record you may request a copy from us by submitting this release of information form.
This form may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to (970) 247-7621. Please allow 3-7 days to process your request.
The Student Health Center strongly recommends that students receive the meningitis vaccination. Students interested in getting the meningitis vaccine through the Student Health Center should call (970) 247-7355 to schedule an appointment. The cost of the meningitis vaccination is $139.00.
State of Colorado Law also requires post-secondary institutions to provide information about meningitis to all incoming first-year students living on campus. Students must either provide proof of the meningitis vaccination or sign the form stating that they are aware of the risks and have chosen not to receive the vaccination.
Fort Lewis College Health Center does not bill medical insurance for payment of services. We will supply you with an itemized receipt which can be submitted to your medical insurance for reimbursement or your insurance company may apply it to your deductible. This includes immunizations received in our clinic.
Meningitis Information from the Center of Disease Control
Certificate of Immunization for College/University Students