The FLC Student Health Center promotes student wellness through education and advocacy. As a primary care facility we can manage acute illnesses and injuries, assist with chronic conditions and The FLC Student Health Center supports the medical and mental health of all Fort Lewis College students through education and advocacy. As a primary care facility, we manage acute illnesses and injuries, assist with chronic conditions, and provide mental health services. We are affordable & accessible with an in-house pharmacy and lab. We believe that every student deserves access to professional and compassionate medical care, delivered in a welcoming and respectful manner. Our professional staff of Medical Office Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Medical Doctor, and Registered Nurses welcomes you at the Student Health Center.
Appointments are advised but walk-ins are seen whenever possible.
We are not able to provide a Student Health Insurance Plan at this time.
General Medical Care
- Acute injury and illness
- Pre-participation sports physicals; employment, school, or travel exams
- Annual female GYN exam and Pap
- Minor surgical procedures, i.e. wart/mole removal, stitches, etc.
- IV therapy
- Counseling and medication management of psychological conditions
- Contraceptive consultations
- Outreach and education
- Oral contraceptive pills
- Depo-Provera injections
- IUDs (placement & removal)
- Nexplanon (placement & removal)
- Emergency contraception (Plan B)
The Student Health Center provides health and wellness education at every encounter to assist our students in making healthy lifestyle choices.
- Health promotion education
- Smoking cessation education and support
- Classroom presentations on health and wellness
- International travel presentations
Travelers' Health Visits
- Current and individualized health risk information
- Review of travel itinerary, previous immunizations, and individual health needs
- Advice on recommended and/or required immunizations
- Information on malaria prophylaxis, Yellow Fever, as well as on prevention and/or treatment of travel-related illnesses specific to your destination
- Recommendations for travel's first aid kit
- Post Travel Visit and consultation as needed
- Strep tests
- Blood tests
- Testing for sexually transmitted infections
- Vaginal infection testing
- Pap smears
- Mononucleosis tests
- Pregnancy tests
- TB screening