The road to becoming a John F. Reed Honors Scholar begins here . . .
Incoming freshman with a minimum GPA of 3.5 will automatically be sent an invitation from the RHP Coordinator to be a part of the Honors Program. Students interested in the Honors Program should register for HON 250 Community of Scholars during their first semester at FLC. HON 250 requires an instructor override, which is granted by the Advising Office. Students who would like to register for HON 250 should contact Alyse Spencer, Director of Advising. Upon successful completion of HON 250, students will be asked to submit additional materials to become Honors Scholars.
Dr. Susan Cannata, Interim Coordinator of the John F. Reed Honors Program, can assist you with any step of this process.
Incoming (first year) students can apply to the Honors Program if they
- present a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or better
- register for HON 250 (Community of Scholars) in their first semester at Fort Lewis College
Current FLC students can apply to the Honors Program if they
- registered for or have already completed HON 250 (Community of Scholars)
- accrued less than 50 college credits
- maintained a cumulative 3.10 GPA in college
Transfer and Non-Standard Students
Interested students transferring to Fort Lewis College or FLC students who do not meet the aforementioned requirements should contact Dr. Susan Cannata to discuss their particular situation.