[Text for 2016-2017 Catalog Under Review]
*REQUIREMENTS TO GRADUATE AS A JOHN F. REED HONORS PROGRAM SCHOLAR AND RECEIVE A MINOR IN THE RHETORIC OF INQUIRY:
A student majoring in any discipline may complete a minor in Rhetoric of Inquiry upon satisfactorily fulfilling the core requirements. At least twelve (12) credits must be discrete from any other major, minor, or undergraduate certificate.
- COMP 350 - Rhetoric of Knowledge Credits: 3
- ENGL 363 - Critical Theory Credits: 3
- HON 250 - Community of Scholars Credits: 1
- HON 450 - Honors Thesis I Credits: 2
- HON 451 - Honors Thesis II Credits: 2
Complete a minimum of five (5) Honors Forums, with at least one (1) forum from each category and at least two (2) forums at the 400-level:
- HON 221 - Innovative Thinkers Credits: 2
- HON 421 - Innovative Thinkers Credits: 2
- HON 222 - Intellectual Foundations Credits: 2
- HON 422 - Intellectual Foundations Credits: 2
- HON 223 - Multidisciplinary Perspectives Credits: 2
- HON 423 - Multidisciplinary Perspectives Credits: 2
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher required
- Honors curriculum GPA of 3.1 or higher required
- John F. Reed Honors Program Scholars must propose, submit, and make a public presentation of an Honors Thesis or Project in their senior year. John F. Reed Honors Program designation will not be granted without a memorandum from the Program Coordinator to the Registrar indicating that the thesis or project and its presentation was satisfactory.
TOTAL REQUIRED FOR MINOR - CREDITS: 18
*The Rhetoric of Inquiry Minor is only available to students who have been admitted to the John F. Reed Honors Program.