Schedule of Events 2018
- April 3, 2018 Speech Presentation and Social Event
- April 9, 2018 Mandatory Talent Meeting
- April 10, 2018 Contemporary and Cultural Talent Presentation
- April 14, 2018 Crowning during the Hozhoni Days Powwow
Interested in becoming a Hozhoni Ambassador?
- Native American student currently enrolled at Fort Lewis College in a minimum of 12 credit hours
- Cumulative GPA Requirement: 2.5
- Must be in good academic standing
- Completed at least 24 credit hours, 12 of which must be completed at Fort Lewis College in the fall of the 2017/2018 academic year
- Holding concurrent titles during Hozhoni Ambassador term is not permitted
There is no option to save a partially complete application. Be sure to have all of your materials (including the essay portion in PDF form) ready to submit when you begin. Essay needs to be between 600 – 800 words in length. Prompt provided below.
Essay Prompt: What does being Indigenous mean to you and how has that experience/identity influenced your chosen path in life? Based on your life experiences, what message would you like to impart to the Fort Lewis College community as Hozhoni Ambassador? What strategies will you use to engage the community to deliver your chosen message?
- March 16, 2018: Applications due
- March 21, 2018: Contestants will be notified
- March 22, 2018: Mandatory Contestants Meeting
Hozhoni Days Alumni Breakfast
Gather with other FLC alumni in Durango for the Hozhoni Days Powwow at our annual alumni breakfast! Breakfast will be served from 9-10 AM. After breakfast, enjoy an exclusive tour of the new Geosciences, Physics & Engineering Hall, from 10-11 AM.
Saturday, April 15, 2017
9 - 11 a.m.
Piedra Room, San Juan Dining Hall
Let us know if you're coming! RSVP here.
- See more at: https://www.fortlewis.edu/alumni/NewsEvents/AlumniEvents/ArtMID/25818/ArticleID/1149545.aspx#sthash.RVQi27Rp.dpuf