If a work injury occurs, please take these following steps:
- Notify your immediate supervisor.
- If immediate emergency medical attention is needed, please proceed to Mercy Medical Center. Have your supervisor contact Human Resources to report incident/accident as soon as possible.
- If the injury is not an emergency, please notify Human Resources to begin the claim process. Our Worker’s Compensation specialist is Trish Grogan, but you can see anyone in Human Resources.
- We will be happy to make an appointment for you with one of our two worker’s compensation providers.
DO NOT go to your personal physician.
In order to be covered by Worker’s Compensation, you must see one of our two designated providers.
- If the worker’s compensation medical provider determines that you might need to be off work, you must provide a copy of the medical provider’s report to your immediate supervisor. Together with the medical provider and Human Resources, your supervisor will determine if there are alternative duties that can be assigned so that you may continue to work.
- It is your responsibility to provide your supervisor with each medical report as your healing progresses and your imposed restrictions (if any) change, to make sure we adjust your duties accordingly.
- If you are unable to return to work, the first three days out are not covered by Worker’s Compensation. You will need to use sick or annual leave to cover your time off.