What You Need to Know
- The software is available for download at http:\\skysoft.fortlewis.edu
- Relay records your entire screen—thus it’s important to be mindful of the following:
- Your recording shouldn't capture confidential or sensitive information.
- Your recording shouldn't capture FERPA protected information.
- It is recommended to clear your desktop and close unneeded applications before recording.
- Relay saves the completed video on your “M” drive in the “www/presentations” folder. Videos created with Relay are available on the public internet, viewable by the world. If you do not want your recording viewed by everyone move it to a location outside the "www" folder on your “M” drive.
- Be mindful of the Fort Lewis College policy regarding copyright:
- Use a script or story board when possible to guide your recording.
- Relay records in the Flash/MP4 format. Video should playback on both Windows and Apple computers.
- Your recording can be submitted whether your computer is on or off campus. Video published to your “M” drive “www” folder can be viewed both on and off campus.
- Contact the IT Help Desk with questions email@example.com or 247-7444.
How Camtasia Relay Works
- Login to the Relay Recorder with your Fort Lewis Account.
- Record your screen, voice and webcam.
- Trim the beginning and end of your video.
- Submit your video to Relay for processing.
- Relay automatically publishes your video to your "M" drive "www" folder.
- When publish is complete you'll receive a link to view your video by email.
- Share the link with your audience.
Relay Workflow Diagram
Camtasia Relay Tutorials
Overview of the Relay Recorder:
More on the Relay Recorder:
Capture System Audio: