Note: If you connect to e-mail using the e-mail link from the Fort Lewis College home page or from theFort Portal, these directions do NOT apply to you. The links take you to Outlook Web Access at theFort.fortlewis.edu. We highly recommend using Outlook Web Access.
Outlook 2013 Setup From your home or personal computer
- Launch Microsoft Outlook 2013 from your computer. You will see the below welcome window. Click next.
- When the add an email account window opens, select Yes to adding a new email account. Click next.
- Enter your First Name, e-mail address (email@example.com), and your password. Click next.
- You may receive a message stating that https://autodiscover.fortlewis.edu/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml is configuring the settings of your email account. If so, click Allow.
- Outlook will then open directly into your inbox. Congratulations!
Mobile Device Settings
The exact steps to add your Fort Lewis Email account to your smartphone or tablet vary for each of the different models and operating system versions. If you have any specific questions contact the Help Desk at askIT@fortlewis.edu or 970-247-7454.
- Choose to add a new exchange or corporate email account
- Enter the requested information, some basic guidelines below:
domain = fortlewis.edu
username = just your username, but sometimes needs to be your full email
servername = webmail.fortlewis.edu
- choose what to sync. Most devices will ask you what you want to see on your phone, typically you can sync Mail, contacts and Calendar.
Once configured you can open the email app and send a test message.
Mail Client Settings
Connection settings if you choose to connect to your email using Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, or Outlook for Mac, Mac Mail.
- Incoming Mail Server: webmail.fortlewis.edu
- Server port: 993
- Outgoing Mail Server: outgoing.fortlewis.edu
The e-mail server requires secure (SSL) communications and requires authentication (see Macintosh exception below). You will need to configure your e-mail client program to support SSL. A sample configuration using Outlook Express on a PC would be as follows:
- Click the Tools menu and select 'Accounts'
- Click the Mail tab at the top of the window
- Click on your account, then click the 'Properties' button
- Click the Servers tab at the top of the window
- Click the checkbox in front of "My server requires authentication" (Macintosh users of Entourage should not check the box to require authentication)
- Click the Advanced tab at the top of the window
- Under the "Outgoing mail (SMTP)" and "Incoming mail (IMAP)" lines, click the checkbox in front of "This server requires a secure connection(SSL)".
If you use IMAP, the server port should be 993.
The SMTP server port is 25 for non TLS connections, connections secured with TLS will be server port 587.
- Click the OK button
Other e-mail client programs should have similar settings available.
- Open Mail
- Click 'Mail' on the Apple menu
- Click 'Preferences,' then click the 'Accouts' tab
- Select your account in the left hand pane
- On the 'Account Information' tab:
- Fill in the 'Description:', 'Email Address:', and 'Full Name:' fields
- The 'Internal and External Mail Server:' field should say 'webmail.fortlewis.edu.' Uncheck the box for 'Use Autodiscover service'
- Fill in the 'User Name:', and 'Password:' fields
- Use either Exchange for the Outgoing Mail Server (Prefered) or Set 'Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):' to 'outgoing.fortlewis.edu'
- Click 'OK'
- Click on the 'Advanced' tab
- Set 'Authentication:' to 'NTLM'
- Set the 'Domain Name:' field to 'fortlewis'
- Check the box next to 'Use SSL.'