Fort Lewis College Wireless Network Access Instructions
The Fort Lewis College wireless network is available for all students, faculty, and staff. Wireless is available at most locations on campus, both indoors and outdoors. Fort Lewis College uses a network access control package known as PacketFence. PacketFence helps to ensure the security of the network as well as protecting our users and their computers or devices. Connecting is easy!
1. Make sure you are connected to the Fort Lewis College wireless SSID.
2. Open a browser and attempt to navigate to a new page.
3. Our network access control system (PacketFence) will guide you through the registration process.
Accessing Guest Wireless Network
To join the guest network, simply select the Guest wireless SSID and the device will connect automatically. The Guest wireless network is a filtered network and
it is recommended that all students, faculty, and staff log into the “Fort Lewis
College” SSID for full, unlimited Internet access.
To connect to our wireless network, please complete the following steps.
- From your device’s available wireless networks list (Windows), airport menu (Mac OS X) or Wi-Fi settings menu (smart device or tablet), choose the wireless network named “Guest.”
- You will be given a warning that “You are connecting to the unsecure network “Guest”. Information sent is not encrypted and may be visible to others. Do you still want to connect?” Select CONNECT.
If you have trouble please call (970) 247-7444 or email askIT@fortlewis.edu
For more information about your wireless device and the Fort Lewis network, visit the Bring Your Own Device page.