Fort Lewis College Wireless Network Access Instructions
The Fort Lewis College wireless network is available for all students, faculty, and staff. Wireless is available at most locations on campus, both indoors and outdoors. Fort Lewis College uses a network access control package known as Packetfence. Packetfence helps to ensure the security of the network as well as protecting our users and their computers or devices. Connecting is easy!
1. Make sure you are connected to the FortLewis_Secure wireless access point.
2. Open a browser and attempt to navigate to a new page.
3. Our network access control system (Packet Fence) will guide you through the registration process.
Accessing Guest Wireless Network
To join our network, you will enter an email address and register the device with Packetfence—even on a guest basis.
To connect to our wireless network, please complete the following steps.
- From your device’s available wireless networks list (Windows), airport menu (Mac OS X) or Wi-Fi settings menu (smart device or tablet), choose the wireless network named “FortLewis.”
- You will be given a warning that “You are connecting to the unsecure network “FortLewis”. Information sent is not encrypted and may be visible to others. Do you still want to connect?” Select CONNECT.
- Once connected to the wireless network, open your preferred web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and attempt to visit any website other than your homepage (www.google.com for instance).
- Our network access control system will recognize that your machine has not been registered on our network and direct you to the registration site. You will not be able to visit any other sites on our network until you have registered.
- When you reach the registration landing page, check the box next to - I agree to the terms of FLC Policy 6-10: Acceptable Use of Information Technology and enter your email address.
- Once the registration has successfully completed, either open a new browser window or reboot your system and you will be allowed to access the internet through the campus wide network.
If you have trouble please call (970) 247-7444 or email askIT@fortlewis.edu
For more information about your wireless device and the Fort Lewis network, visit the Bring Your Own Device page.