Sodexo has the exclusive right to serve or sell all food on the FLC campus. In some cases, an exception to this policy can be made by receiving approval from both the Union Operations Office and Sodexo.
If you'd like to sell "temperature-sensitive foods" (hot and cold food items that need to be held at a specific safe temperature for food safety), a representative of your RSO must watch these safe food handling videos and fill out this permission form.
Some examples of temperature-sensitive foods that RSOs have sold in the past include breakfast burritos, Navajo/Indian tacos, and soups/stews.
This type of food must be prepared in a commercial kitchen, such as the NAC/El Centro kitchen in the Student Union. It may not be made in your home kitchen and then transported to campus to sell.
Bake sales are another way that many RSOs earn money. Baked items (such as cookies, brownies, and cupcakes) are not required to be made in a commercial kitchen, and may be made at home and brought to campus to be sold.
You may NOT sell sodas, coffee, tea, or any other beverages that would compete with sales at Animas Perks or other dining locations on campus.
Steps for hosting a successful food/bake sale:
1. Decide on the best time to table in the Student Union to sell your goods. The Student Union usually has the most foot traffic on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am - 2:00pm. Be sure your members have adequate time in their schedules to make the food and staff the table.
2. Turn in your food waiver form no later than one week in advance.
3. Reserve a tabling space by filling out the request located here.
4. Promote the sale by posting flyers around campus, or by word of mouth.
5. On the day of the sale, pick up your table from the Info Desk. Check out a cash box with change for the sale from the Leadership Center front desk. A SkyCard Machine, so people can pay for your items with SkyCash, will automatically be reserved for you, if one is available. The SkyCard Machine can be picked up from the SkyCard Office (downstairs in the SU, across from the Post Office) on the day of your sale.
6. Once the sale is over, clean up the space and bring all money back to the Leadership Center. Your profits will be deposited into your RSO account. The SkyCard Machine can be returned to the SkyCard Office.