Students at Fort Lewis College have the right to form, join and participate in groups that promote common interests. Fort Lewis College considers this type of assembly to be essential to a student’s development, and a cornerstone of their educational experience.
Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) are groups whose membership is comprised mainly of full-time students at FLC, as well as faculty, staff or individuals from the community. Only full-time FLC students may serve as officers and have controlling interest in the organization. RSOs may be academic and career related, cultural, faith-based, service, and interest-specific.
RSOs are affiliated with, but not official units of FLC. RSOs must agree to abide by all College regulations and establish their affiliation with the College on an annual basis via the RSO registration process administered by Student Government (ASFLC) and the Financial Allocation Board (FAB).
For more information about RSOs, please contact The Leadership Center in 171 Student Union or by calling (970) 247-7394.
Student Organization registration for 2017-18 Academic Year is now open.
Please note the following process in order for the organization to be formally approved by ASFLC and the college:
- The RSO's president initiates and completes the online registration information via the blue button below
- All other officers and the RSO's advisor will receive email follow-ups requesting their electronic review and signatures
- All four officers must complete the online RSO training modules (strongly encouraged for advisors)
- RSO may then be invited by the Financial Allocation Board and/or ASFLC to discuss their submission.
- RSO is only approved once approved by FAB, ASFLC, and all online modules have been completed
- RSO will receive an initial allocation ($100 or $50 for RSO Is) and annual budget as approved by FAB/ASFLC for RSO IIs
This registration period is for existing and new organizations. Registering your existing RSO during this time period will guarantee you receive a $50 initial allocation. New RSOs will receive a full $100 initial allocation once approved by FAB/ASFLC.
If you have any questions about the process, you can contact Jacob Wolfe (firstname.lastname@example.org), the Financial Allocation Board Director who is also located in 167 Student Union.
Familiarize yourself with these changes by reviewing the RSO Binding Agreements. Note that all RSOs are subject to the binding agreements.