Are you ready to take the next steps?
English majors get active with abstract concepts. They examine classic world literature and contemporary digital media. They converge stories across modern formats. They explore language’s history and use around the globe. And by graduation, they have become effective producers and sophisticated consumers of modern mass media.
We are distinct from English programs at other institutions in three ways:
- We combine English, Journalism & Multimedia Studies, and Writing in one department
- We emphasize convergent media across a variety of formats
- Our faculty individualize mentoring and advising for each student
- KDUR – DJ or work at the campus radio station.
- The Independent – Report and write campus news for the print and online magazine, and online TV broadcast.
- Cutthroat - Intern with the international literary magazine.
Beyond the Degree
Once you graduate, you are qualified for any related graduate program or careers in such fields as:
- Creative writing
- Education & teaching
- Public relations
- Screen writing
- Speech pathology
For any career, this degree establishes your critical thinking, researching, and writing abilities. You will gain demonstrable skills in information synthesis, critical analysis, communication, and practical teamwork. You will be able to apply the tools, methods, and knowledge from the English program to any area concerned with effective, utilitarian, and creative communication.