Are you ready to take the next steps?
Sport Administration majors get active with the business side of the field. You’ll tackle the principles of accounting, economics, marketing, law, ethics, administration, and sociology, all in the context of sport. You’ll complete two field placements, and you can develop professional experience in your internship with a sports organization. And by graduation, you’ll be qualified to pursue careers as diverse as your course load.
- Field placements - You will have two field placements: a one-credit Practicum in Sport Administration, and an 8-12 credit internship. These placements will provide you with opportunities to practice skills in professional settings.
Beyond the Degree
Once you graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Sport Administration, you are qualified for any related graduate program, including law school.
Earning this degree leads to careers in such fields as:
- Athletic director
- Collegiate sport coaching
- Sport agent
- Sports information
- Sports journalism
- Sports marketing
- Sports media
- Youth sport coaching
For any career, this degree establishes your interdisciplinary abilities in business, law, and ethics, in addition to sport. You will gain demonstrable skills in written and oral communication, and you will be able to apply best practices in organization and administration.
Our graduates are working with these organizations:
- Adaptive Sports Iowa
- Clear Channel Communication
- Santa Ana Star Center
Our graduates have attended these graduate schools:
- Ohio University
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law
“I'm thankful for all the help the Exercise Science faculty gave me. After talking to many, many people who've graduated with Exercise Science degrees, I feel that FLC prepared me better than most other schools. When there's a chance to recommend FLC's Exercise Science program, I do.”
- Jason Cork, Class of 2007, Head coach, men’s cross country, US Ski Team