To be eligible for the Research Trainee Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled at Fort Lewis College
- United States citizen or permanent resident or a native of the U.S. Pacific Islands or U.S. Virgin Islands
- Underrepresented in the Biomedical and Behavioral Research per the NIH Definition of Underrepresented Researchers in Biomedical and Behavioral Research. Ethinic and racial groups that are considered underrepresneted are African American, Hispanic, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiians and other Pacific Islanders.
- Should be majoring in a scientific discipline such as Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Anthropology, Psychology, Exercise Science, or Mathematics
- Should have a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher with at least 60 credit hours earned
- Must be able to graduate in two years
- Should have one semester or one summer of faculty-directed research.
Direct questions about eligibility to Dr. Les Sommerville, program director.