Admission to Fort Lewis College and to the Department of Music is a dual admission process. While application to the college is through the Office of Admissions, formal admission to the Department of Music and its degree programs must be made through an audition admission process. You may audition prior to acceptance by the Office of Admissions, however, acceptance to the Department of Music does not guarantee admission to Fort Lewis College.
Steps to becoming a music major or minor:
- Schedule an audition: call 970-247-7243.
- Your audition will last about ten minutes
- Audition Materials:
- Take the Theory Placement Test. (prep resource)
- Enroll in the following courses:
- Applied Lessons
- MU 128 - Theory and Musicianship I
- A major ensemble (Band, Concert Choir, or Orchestra)