The Fort Lewis College Music department solo and small ensembles contest is open to all musicians in grades 9 - 12. Public, private, charter, and home-schooled students are welcome.
- An Accompanist will be furnished by FLC at no additional charge. If you would like to use the FLC accompanist you must email a pdf of your piece when you register.
- A 'solo' is defined as a person performing alone or with an accompanist.
- Ensembles are limited to 16 performers.
- Music, including any set-up/tear down, is limited to 10 minutes.
- A school may enter any number of soloists and/or ensembles they'd like.
- Original music must be used, a copy of which shall be given to the adjudicator. Music duplicated mechanically or by hand is a violation of the copyright laws and will not be accepted. Judges will be instructed not to adjudicate anyone using illegally duplicated music. Music from legal public domain websites may be adjudicated as long as the music includes proper citations. Copies of select pages made to facilitate page turns for the accompanist are permitted.
- Solo vocalists must have their music memorized.
- You will be contacted by Friday, February 16 with your exact performance time.
- Once the full schedule is made (February 16) you will be invoiced. There will be no refunds given for cancellations after February 21st and no refunds for 'no-shows' the day of the contest.
- Entry fees:
Solos = $10
Ensembles = minimum of $10 per entry or $1 per member if ensemble has 10 - 16 members.