Paul Bara teaches Applied Trombone and Tuba.
- Paul studied under Ardash Marderosian at Roosevelt University in Chicago where he earned his BM in 1978
- While in Chicago, he performed with the Grant Park Symphony
- His studies continued in New York with John Swallow and Per Brevig
- Principal trombonist with the New Amsterdam Symphony Orchestra from 1980 to 1992
- In 1994, Mr. Bara became a founding member of Brassworks 4 and continues to perform, arrange and compose for this outstanding quartet.
- In 1997, Brassworks 4 was heard worldwide on Public Radio¹s West Coast Live from San Francisco.
- Mr. Bara performs regularly with Music in the Mountains and San Juan Symphony
As a freelance player, Paul has performed with:
- New York Gilbert & Sullivan Players
- United Nations Symphony
- Brooklyn College Symphony
- New York Festival Orchestra
- Riverside Orchestra
- New York Mahlerites
- Hoboken Chamber Orchestra
- The Big Band Swing Machine
- Numerous Off-Broadway productions
Jones Hall 212
Phone: (970) 247-7447