The Old Fort

High School Photos


High School Machine Shop 1920
Women's Basketball Team 1920
1920 high school machine shop womens basketball team 1920
   
High School Faculty Outing 1920 May Pole Dance in new gym 1920
high school faculty outing 1920 May Pole dance in new gym 1920
   
High School Students 1921 High School Faculty 1922
high school student group photo 1921

high school faculty 1922

Front row from left to right: M. Greenwood, Howard, Rowan. Middle row: E. H. Bader, G. F. Snyder Top row: F. Jones, Kohlie, F. Jans

   
Graduates 1922 Snyder Dorm for Boys Completed in 1923

graduates 1922

Front row: Lottie Walker, Mary Hight, Jewel Chastain, Marquerite Dennison and Jessie Ball; Middle row: Johnwill Faris, Fred Reddert, Harry Longenbaugh, Dillon Logenbaugh, Archie Toner and Jean Edgar; Top Row: Victor Paulek, Lewis Pollack, Carl Davenport and Joe Snyder.

Snyder dorm for boys

The following description appeared in the 1942-43 Fort Lewis Catalogue:

"Snyder Hall is south of the Office and north of the Dining Hall. It is a U-shaped building and contains 37 rooms, 34 of which are double and three are single. The bedrooms are decorated in green and white and contain two alcoves, a dresser, study tables and chairs. A large well-furnished recreation room with low-beamed ceiling, rugged fireplace and picture of athletic heroes, is popular for recreation. "

 

   
Men's Basketball Team 1924 High School Girls 1924

mens basketball team 1924

Wayne Elsworth, John Porter, Albert Porter, Archie Garwood, Joe Christy, Will Porter, Coach Mr. Brooks

high school girls 1924

Pauline Rust - Second from right in Row 1

   
Power House  
power house exterior power house interior
The power house provided electricity and was used as emergency backup after the campus was electrified by Western Colorado Power Company in 1925.
   
High School Students 1927  
high school students 1927  
Individuals pictured include Gene Austin (center with glasses) and Howard Stagelman (5th from left in 3rd row)  
   
Photos courtesy of Fort Lewis College Center of  Southwest Studies