Lorey Hall Was Constructed in 1930
Photo courtesy of Fort Lewis College Center of
The following description appeared in the Fort Lewis Catalogue:
"Lory Hall for Women, a two-story building, is located at the south end of campus, and faces the LaPlata Mountains. There are 30 rooms, 26 of which are double. Each room is equipped with bedsteads, spring and mattresses, in alcoves that may be closed from the room by sliding doors. Each room also contains a study table, dresser, chairs, curtain rods and extension light cores. A large living room with fireplace and furnished with overstuffed furniture, lamps, piano and radio is open for residents and their guests. The residents of the Hall are permitted to use the gas-equipped kitchenette, and the living room in the Dean of Women's apartment where newspapers and current magazines are kept."