The Old Fort
Front row from left to right: M. Greenwood, Howard, Rowan. Middle row: E. H. Bader, G. F. Snyder Top row: F. Jones, Kohlie, F. Jans
Front row: Lottie Walker, Mary Hight, Jewel Chastain, Marquerite Dennison and Jessie Ball; Middle row: Johnwill Faris, Fred Reddert, Harry Longenbaugh, Dillon Logenbaugh, Archie Toner and Jean Edgar; Top Row: Victor Paulek, Lewis Pollack, Carl Davenport and Joe Snyder.
The following description appeared in the 1942-43 Fort Lewis Catalogue:
'Snyder Hall is south of the Office and north of the Dining Hall. It is a U-shaped building and contains 37 rooms, 34 of which are double and three are single. The bedrooms are decorated in green and white and contain two alcoves, a dresser, study tables and chairs. A large well-furnished recreation room with low-beamed ceiling, rugged fireplace and picture of athletic heroes, is popular for recreation. '
Wayne Elsworth, John Porter, Albert Porter, Archie Garwood, Joe Christy, Will Porter, Coach Mr. Brooks
Pauline Rust - Second from right in Row 1