The gymnasium was built in 1920 on the southeast corner of the old parade grounds. Some of the old military buildings were torn down and the material went into the new gym. For a glimpse inside, look at the May Pole Dance picture taken soon after it opened.
This undated photo was most likely taken after Fort Lewis A&M moved to Durango. The doors and windows have been boarded up and it was being used to store hay.
The building was sold to a building contractor for $1500.00 and torn down in the early 80s. Rumor has it that he used the wood from the gym to frame several homes in the area.