Information used to compile this web site was found...
In the following books:
- Sacred Trust- The Birth and Development of Fort Lewis College by Duane A. Smith - 1991
- Blue Coats, Red Skins & Black Gowns- 100 years of Fort Lewis by Robert W. Delaney-1977
NOTE: If you are interested in obtaining a copy of these books, you can contact LaPlata County Historical Society in Durango, CO. They have some copies of these out-of-print books. Their number is 970-259-2402.
At the following locations:
- Center of SouthWest Studies at Fort Lewis College in Durango, CO
- Animas Museum (LaPlata County Historical Society) in Durango, CO 970-259-2402
Special thanks to:
- Fort Lewis College Summer Institute and coordinator Alan Greenwood
- Dr. Phil Shuler and Donna Giersch for sharing their Front Page knowledge.
- Dr. David Schafer, Manager of CSU-Ag Experiment Station (SJBRC) from 1990 until 2000.
- Todd Ellison, Duane Smith, Catherine Conrad and the rest of the Center of SouthWest Studies staff.
- Robert McDaniels and Charlie at Animas Museum