Dr. Dene Thomas' charge to the 2011-12 Old Fort Steering Committee in September, 2011was as follows:
- Establish priorities for the types of uses and activities that can take place on the Old Fort property.
- Develop processes to announce, accept, and review applications for revenue-generating activities, academic uses, or community activities that comply with the established priorities.
- The applications MUST include a complete financial analysis of the start-up costs, regular operations, and predicted revenue streams, and indicate how the financial responsibilities will be assumed.
- The Steering Committee has the authority to require that the applicant post a bond prior to recommending approval of an activity.
- Develop policies and procedures for the start-up, regular operations, and shut-down of activities on the property, including seasonal activities that are currently operating on the property.
The Old Fort Steering Committee will provide written reports of their activities on a monthly basis to the Old Fort Financial Advisory Committee and to the State Land Board. The report will include recommended approvals for any new revenue-generating activities or academic or community uses.
The following reports were submitted to Dene Thomas:
2011-12 Final Committee Report
2010-2012 Financial Report