The Environmental Center's Eco Road Show is an awesome opportunity for you to make great friends, connect with real live Durango-tangs (our word for folks who call this amazing corner of the world home), get outside and learn about social justice and sustainability by DOING it. During our four day experience, we will:
- harvest veggies and cook a meal on a local organic farm
- boat the Animas River's famous whitewater while learning about water issues in the west
- plant native grasses to restore a high alpine wetland (and thus our drinking water/air) in our San Juan mountains.
- discuss all the ways you can get involved, be part of advancing sustainability on campus and in our region, and seek out academic sustainability coursework, regardless of your major
- cook outside together, have campfires, and camp out under the stars in our local San Juan Mountains
This experience is led by Environmental Center Student Staff who can answer all of your questions about life at FLC and Durango, as well as, provide their insights on what it is like to be at the front lines of advancing environmental and social change. They're a fun crew, so get ready to start your FLC career as part of an amazing community!
When: August 19-23, 2018
Where: Durango-area campgrounds, farms, rivers, solar arrays, and wildlands
Number of students: 40
Student cost: $200
Registration begins on April 14th.