The purpose of New Student and Family Orientation is to support new members of the Fort Lewis College community in their transitional year.
- As a result of engaging in New Student orientation, new students will be able to:
- Identify a connection with faculty, staff and/or students at Fort Lewis College and be able to articulate how that connection has affected their transitional experience.
- Name academic, student service, and social resources available to them.
- Articulate academic policies and procedures critical to their academic success as a first-year student at Fort Lewis College.
- As a result of engaging in Family Orientation, family members of new students will be able to articulate strategies to enhance their student’s success.
- As a result of working as an Orientation Leader, student employees will demonstrate growth in at least three specific leadership skills.