Open Rec Bouldering Hours
Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday: 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sunday: 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Roped Climbing Hours (bouldering welcome)
Monday – Thursday: 4:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Friday: 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: No roped climbing
Outdoor Pursuits (OP) oversees the management and operation of the climbing wall in the Student Life Center. Use of the 3000 sq. ft. is free to all OP members. Guests may climb at the wall while in attendance with an OP member and by purchasing a $5.00 Guest Pass. The wall is open for unsupervised bouldering during the regular scheduled hours of the Student Life Center. Roped climbing is available during the week beginning at 4:30 PM until close. All climbers must adhere to the following policies:
- Only Outdoor Pursuits members may utilize the climbing wall.
- All climbers must check-in at the SLC front desk prior to using the wall.
- Guests are permitted if in attendance with an OP member and upon payment of the facility guest fee. Guests are not permitted to belay, but may climb.
- Climbers must pass a belay test in order to climb roped.
- All lead climbers must pass a lead climbing test.
- Climb at your own risk. Roped climbing is not permitted during “Open Rec” hours.
- Report all injuries and facility issues to Rec Services Staff.
- Loose chalk is not permitted.
- No food or drink is allowed within the climbing area.
- Clothing appropriate for climbing should be worn at all times including a shirt.
- Climbing or closed toed shoes are only permitted on the wall. No bare feet!
- No rings or loose jewelry while climbing. Long hair should be pulled back.
- Metal bolt hangers are not holds and should not be used as such.
- Do not boulder above the 12’ mark (black line) or top out on the cave. No body parts besides hands may pass the bouldering line.
- All climbers should use a spotter when necessary and realize that even with a spotter, injury, paralysis, or death may occur. Know your limits!
- Watch for loose or broken holds. Inform a staff member when one is found.
- Be observant of other climbers and do not climb above or below other climbers or walk directly underneath someone climbing.
- Keep ramp free of traffic including backpacks, people, or other objects.
- Rec Services Staff reserve the right to refuse wall access to anyone due to unsafe climbing practices and/or use of equipment.