Open Rec Bouldering Hours
Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Saturday: 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Sunday: 12:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Roped Climbing Hours (bouldering welcome)
Monday – Thursday: 4:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Friday: 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Saturday and Sunday: No roped climbing
- Only Outdoor Pursuits members may utilize the climbing wall.
- Guests may climb at the wall while in attendance with an OP member and by purchasing a $5.00 Guest Pass
- All climbers must check-in at the SLC front desk prior to using the wall.
- Guests are permitted if in attendance with an OP member and upon payment of the facility guest fee. Guests are not permitted to belay, but may climb.
- Climbers must pass a belay test in order to climb roped.
- All lead climbers must pass a lead climbing test.
- Climb at your own risk. Roped climbing is not permitted during “Open Rec” hours.
- Report all injuries and facility issues to Rec Services Staff.
- Loose chalk is not permitted.
- No food or drink is allowed within the climbing area.
- Clothing appropriate for climbing should be worn at all times including a shirt.
- Climbing or closed toed shoes are only permitted on the wall. No bare feet!
- No rings or loose jewelry while climbing. Long hair should be pulled back.
- Metal bolt hangers are not holds and should not be used as such.
- Do not boulder above the 12’ mark (black line) or top out on the cave. No body parts besides hands may pass the bouldering line.
- All climbers should use a spotter when necessary and realize that even with a spotter, injury, paralysis, or death may occur. Know your limits!
- Watch for loose or broken holds. Inform a staff member when one is found.
- Be observant of other climbers and do not climb above or below other climbers or walk directly underneath someone climbing.
- Keep ramp free of traffic including backpacks, people, or other objects.
- Rec Services Staff reserve the right to refuse wall access to anyone due to unsafe climbing practices and/or use of equipment.