What is SOL?
- The Student Outdoor Leaders are a team of students who lead trips for Outdoor Pursuits
- It is a mentorship model that utilizes outdoor adventures to cultivate character development and leadership competence
Who can be a SOL leader?
- Any student at Fort Lewis College is eligible to work on the SOL team
- We strongly encourage both seasoned leaders and novices to apply
- Outdoor experience and personal motivation are required
Is becoming a SOL Leader for you?
Do you value the following?
- Community Building
- Character Development
- Skill Acquisition
- Personal & Peer Assessment
- Environmental Stewardship
Application and Training
- The process of becoming a SOL Leader begins with the completion of an application followed by an in-person interview with the OP professional staff.
- Each students' training is slightly different, depending upon prior experience in leadership and the outdoors.
- To apply, contact Sam Hensold at 970-247-7293, email@example.com, or stop by the OP office.