The purpose of the Mentoring Program is to provide new and current employees with resources and trainings that assist him/her in becoming familiar with Fort Lewis College policies and procedures.
The PDC Coordinators assign mentors to new employees according to the mentee’s relevant field and departmental type (academic, business, student services, etc.).
Criteria for Mentors:
- Be an active member of the council (an active member attends 4 or more meetings a year).
- Have at least two years of service in the same position.
- Be familiar with Fort Lewis policies, procedures, and programs.
Criteria for Mentees:
- Complete the hiring process through
- Have a visitation or email from a PDC greeter or coordinator.
- Become a member of the council.
- Request a mentor through a coordinator.
- Agree to complete a questionnaire regarding the mentorship experience.
To request a mentor or volunteer to be a mentor, please contact one of the following Council Officers:
Lisa Taylor, Administrative Assistant III
School of Business Administration
Christine Weldon, Coordinator