Student leaders make this program what it is! They are:
- Committed individuals who are at the heart of each and every trip.
- Current and past Fort Lewis College students from all majors and disciplines.
- Selected for their judgment and experience in the outdoors, as well as their personality and ability to work with groups.
- Trained through a demanding outdoor leadership course that focuses on group dynamics, teaching techniques, decision making, risk management, backcountry travel, and Leave No Trace principles.
- Certified in wilderness medicine.
For more information on our leaders and leadership program, visit the Student Outdoor Leadership (SOL) website.