Are you passionate about your courses? Do you get excited about explaining ideas to your classmates? If so, consider applying to be a peer educator!
Tutoring centers across campus want to hire students like you—with strong subject knowledge and excellent communication skills.
As a peer educator, you will:
- Become an expert in your discipline as you teach others about central concepts, processes, and theories.
- Build relationships with faculty mentors as you support their work in the classroom.
- Develop leadership skills as you guide your peers to accomplish long- and short-term academic goals.
- Receive training in tutoring best practices that will transfer to other situations where you might teach, mentor, or lead others.
- Earn cords to wear at graduation.
How to apply
Contact these tutor coordinators to apply:
- El Centro de Muchos Colores: Shirena Trujillo-Long, email@example.com; (970) 247-7290
- Modern Language Lab: Fiorella Mazzanti; firstname.lastname@example.org; (970) 247-6527
- Multiple Subjects
- TRIO Student Success Center: Katie Sparks, email@example.com; (970) 247-7687
- Science, Technology, and Engineering