Are you passionate about your courses? Do you get excited about explaining ideas to your classmates? If so, consider applying to be a peer educator!
Tutoring centers across campus want to hire students like you—with strong subject knowledge and excellent communication skills.
As a peer educator, you will:
- Become an expert in your discipline as you teach others about central concepts, processes, and theories.
- Build relationships with faculty mentors as you support their work in the classroom.
- Develop leadership skills as you guide your peers to accomplish long- and short-term academic goals.
- Receive training in tutoring best practices that will transfer to other situations where you might teach, mentor, or lead others.
- Earn cords to wear at graduation.
How to apply
Contact these tutor coordinators to apply:
- Multiple Subjects
- Science, Technology, and Engineering
Peer Educators also support WellPAC and Student Wellness Initiatives in the Leadership Center. WellPAC peer educators meet with students to discuss current struggles, health & wellness opportunities, and to offer on and off campus resources. If you are interested in this kind of work, please visit: www.fortlewis.edu/peeredoffice or contact Kendra Gallegos Reichle: mailto:email@example.com or 970-247-7508.