Are your classes difficult? Do you have questions about an upcoming exam? Do you need some feedback on an essay or help thinking through a math problem? Getting support from a tutor/peer mentor is easy! You can receive assistance from our on-campus tutors and from online tutoring. Look at the list of tutoring resources below to find the support you need. If you do not see the subject that you need help with, please contact us.
Drop-in Tutoring Sessions in Multiple Subjects
- Native American Center - The Native American Center offers tutoring in a variety of subjects, including Business, Marketing, and Accounting, as well as STEM courses.
- Anthropology Study Sessions (Anth 246) - Join Fran on Tuesdays/Thursdays from 5:30 - 6:30 pm, in the CSWS 209.
- Music Theory Study Sessions - Join Shishan and Eli Mondays 12:15-1:15 in Jones 203; Wednesdays 12:15-1:15 in Jones 203; Thursdays 1:00-2:00 in Jones 253; and Fridays 12:00-1:00 in Jones 203.
Online Tutoring, available evenings and weekends
- NetTutor provides live tutoring in many subjects and can support you when our campus tutoring centers are closed. Online tutors are available for live sessions, to answer submitted questions, and to review papers 24 hours a day, any day of the week. All questions and writing submissions to NetTutor will be returned with your tutor's comments within 48 hours. Click here to access online tutoring through NetTutor.
- El Centro de Muchos Colores - Fort Lewis’ Hispanic Resource Center is available for conversational Spanish language practice. Click here for the Spanish tutoring schedule. Faculty in a variety of disciplines, including Business, Exercise Science and History, also hold office hours in El Centro. Check out their schedule here.
- Modern Language Lab - The Language Lab offers free tutoring in Spanish, French, German, and Japanese in Noble Hall, Room 150 . Check out the current tutoring hours here. For more information, please contact Fiorella Mazzanti; firstname.lastname@example.org; (970) 247-6527.
- Algebra and Statistics Alcove - The Algebra and Statistics Alcove offers a free drop-in, one-on-one tutoring service that is available to students taking Freshman Mathematics courses.
- Math Assistance Center - Students enrolled in Mathematics Department courses can go to this drop-in tutoring center to get help from both faculty and students. Click here to see the MAC schedule.
Science, Technology, and Engineering
- Writing Center - The Writing Center provides one-on-one coaching for any writing assignment or project at any point in the writing process.