Physical Plant

Snyder Halls

 

Building Building # Gross Square Feet Type  
Snyder A 32 111,722 Auxiliary 1967
Snyder B 33 82,616 Auxiliary 1967
Snyder C 34 82,616 Auxiliary 1967

George F. Snyder in 1911 was the first principal of the Fort Lewis High School at the old fort site (Hesperus Campus).  Later he became the first Dean of Fort Lewis Junior College in 1933.  He was probably the most responsible person for creating the junior college that eventually became Fort Lewis College.